Finlay Donovan Is Killing It by Elle Cosimano Review

When I first heard about Finlay Donovan Is Killing It by Elle Cosimano and read the synopsis and saw the great reviews, it was a no brainer, this book was immediately added to my tbr and I ordered a copy as soon as possible. As most of what I read are very heavy reads, I was really looking forward to read something light and funny. And then I read it...and...I don't have anything bad to say about this book, but I also do not have great things to say about this book. So my thoughts will probably be very short and sweet.

Finlay Donovan is a recently divorced mother of two and a struggling writer. Just when she thinks her life can't get any worse, she meets with her agent at a restaurant to discuss the book she is currently writing and is mistaken as a hitwoman by someone overhearing their conversation. She is offered a substantial amount of money to kill this woman's husband and that is how Finlay lands herself in a situation she isn't sure how to handle...

I did enjoy this book, but...here is that big BUT, I didn't love it and I didn't find it as funny as most readers out there. I had one, maybe two giggle moments, but no laugh out loud, extremely funny moments, it felt a little over the top. It was a cute cozy mystery with a MC who has a really messed up life, and her sidekick Vera doesn't help the situation much, which was entertaining and kept my interest. Then there is Steven, Finlay's ex-husband, whom I completely hate and would like to punch in the face. The way the book ended, makes me want to read book two very soon to see what else Finlay and Vera can get up to. 

Overall it was an okay read, I was a little disappointed, but still enjoyed the lighthearted story.

I rated this book 3 out of 5 stars!

Comments