The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid Review



In this book, we meet Hollywood Icon Evelyn Hugo, after her retirement, ready to tell her story to the world. She chooses an unknown reporter, Monique Grant to write her biography. Monique is stunned and can't believe why Evelyn chose her and won't work with anyone else... 

And so it begins...how far are you willing to go for fame? Evelyn Hugo had some tough decisions to make, maybe not always the right choices, but she had her heart and mind set on a goal and she wasn't willing to let anything or anyone get in her way. Her character was strong, determined and at times not really pleasant. But I guess, that is the price you have to pay for climbing the ladder. 

This isn't my usual go to read and I still do not know, 100%, why I liked this book. One thing I am sure about, is Taylor Jenkins Reid's writing, this was written beautifully. The character, Evelyn Hugo, felt so real, that if it was possible I would have binge watched all her movies. I actually felt like I could google her, and find all information regarding her as a person, not many authors have been able to make me feel this way about a character. The story made me go on a rollercoaster of emotions, at times I wanted to shake Evelyn, and as the story unfolds we learn the truth about her connection with Monique Grant and why she chose her to write the biography. 

So even though I can't pin point the reason why I loved this book, I can still say that it definitely is worth the read.

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid deserves all the hype. 

I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars. 

 


 

Comments