Verity by Colleen Hoover Review

Verity by Colleen Hoover was...no is, one of those very, very hyped books. I haven't had the best luck with overly hyped books thus far, unfortunately I have had a few let-down reads. Which made me very nervous to start reading this one. So...did I like this book? Let's find out!

We follow Lowen, a struggling writer, who is given the opportunity to finish Verity Crawford's bestselling series, as she is seriously injured and unable to complete the books herself. When Lowen arrives at the Crawford home to sort through Verity's notes, she discovers an unfinished manuscript. As she reads through the biography, she discovers some truly disturbing information regarding Verity's life. At first Lowen keeps the information to herself, but as she develops feelings for Verity's husband, Jeremy, she considers to reveal the truth about his wife to him...

I couldn't write a review immediately after reading this book. I was stumped, speechless, I had no words. I wasn't even sure what I read...This was dark, twisted and at times very disturbing, and it was a great read. 

The characters are not likable, in  my opinion, maybe one, but as the story unfolds you are not sure who can be trusted. The opening line of this book starts off with a bang, and it ends leaving you with so many unanswered questions. An ending that makes you feel like there should be more, you turn the page and find nothing, then turn back to the last page and try turning it again to find more, and still nothing... it was very disappointing! I didn't want this book to come to an end.

This quote from the book says it all, "What you read will taste so bad at times, you'll want to spit it out, but you'll swallow these words and they will become part of you, part of your gut, and you will hurt because of them. Yet...even with my generous warning...you're going to continue to ingest my words, because here you are. Human. Curious. Carry On..." And so you will continue, you will read until the very last page...and hopefully love this book as much as I do!

Colleen Hoover did an amazing job, I can understand all the hype around this book. Can't wait to try her other books. I have only heard great things. 

This one will definitely make its way to my bookshelf.

I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars! 

Comments