A Good Girl's Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson Review



Five years ago, Andie Bell was murdered and all evidence pointed to her boyfriend Sal Singh. Then he committed suicide, which only confirmed to the police and everyone in town that he must definitely be guilty. Case Closed. After all these years Pippa Fitz-Amobi chose the case as her final-year project. She starts digging into the case and uncover secrets that should stay hidden...was Sal the murderer or is the killer still out there? Will Pippa find the truth?

This is another book I was very excited to get my hands on, the whole synopsis intrigued me and it sounded like something right up my ally. And, I heard and read all the great reviews regarding this trilogy (maybe I shouldn't do that anymore...lol). And, Again, this is one I am on the fence about...

I paired this with the audiobook, which was really good. The audiobook has so many sound effects added, texting, phone calls, voice recordings, it sounds amazing and in my opinion, helps you to really experience the book as it was meant to be experienced. 

The story itself is not bad, the plot kept me intrigued, the mystery was written well and I really wanted to find out who the killer was. I overall enjoyed the read, but Pippa's character annoyed me, I can't go into to much detail as it will spoil the story, but she did some really irresponsible(stupid) things, which I found a little irritating, as she is only a teenager. I don't think I have ever rolled my eyes so much at a book... but then again, when you are a teenager you think you know everything, is that why it works? I really don't know, I just couldn't find a connection with the mc.

I am not sure whether I want to continue with the trilogy. I don't know if I have what it takes to stomach Pippa for two more reads...? Does this get any better? Is it worth reading the 2nd and 3rd books? I need advise please...

I rated this book 3 out of 5 stars 



  

Comments