Book Lovers by Emily Henry Review


 Dipping my toes back into the waters of the romance genre after a very, very long time. I usually steer clear of any romantic books. The reason being that I embarrass quite easily...and let's face it, most romance books out there are really, really smutty. Which causes me to blush more than I am able to enjoy the read... But I decided to give Book Lovers by Emily Henry a go and see whether I might like it...

Nora Stephens is our main protagonist, a literary agent, a no-nonsense career woman, whom at some point during her career meets with Charlie, an editor, to discuss her client's latest novel. Things doesn't go according to plan at the meeting and the two leave with very displeased feelings towards each other. Two years later, Nora's sister asks her to go on a trip to Sunshine Falls, a small town in North Carolina, for a month. Libby wants nothing more than for Nora, to experience the country romance she reads about in the books she loves so dearly. But instead of meeting all these handsome country men, Nora keeps running into Charlie Lastra...in Sunshine Falls...what are the odds?

Emily Henry won me over with this book, it was written in a way that made me want more. Nora and Charlie's relationship had everything I would want from a romance novel. They were honest with each other from the start, no unnecessary miscommunication that drove them apart. Nora's fears made complete sense in light of her past, which we get a glimpse of through out the novel. I loved the fact that these two characters were just two normal people...not the usual teeny tiny woman...and the huge, masculine male character. I love that Nora, could stand on her own two feet and stayed true to herself. It truly felt like these two characters had chemistry and there was very little spice, which made it my perfect read. And the banter between Nora and Charlie, left a smile on my face. 

I had one little issue with the book, it is marketed as "enemies to lovers" trope, but as they only met that one time at the meeting, I couldn't quite understand why it is marketed that way. They didn't really feel like enemies, but that didn't stop me from loving the book. 

I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars.   

Comments