I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy



I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy In this memoir, we learn about Jennette's life, her acting career which started from the age of six years old and her very complicated relationship with a demanding mother.

I listened to this on audio and in my opinion, that made the experience of the book even better, as the narrator of the audiobook is the writer herself.

I have never before heard or seen anything about Jennette McCurdy(not sure if that means I live under a rock). I saw this book everywhere on my instagram feed, the title and cover really caught my attention and made me curious. I went on Goodreads to see what the book was about. I love memoirs, I have a whole list of them on my tbr, so I added this one as well. When I saw it was available on my audiobook subscription, I immediately started listening. From the very first chapter, this book had my attention.

There is absolutely nothing I can say about this book, this is someone's life, her true story. How would I possibly be able to write a review, as one would for a fiction novel. It just isn't right. I had all the emotions with this memoir, it made me angry, sad, happy...you name it and I felt it while listening to her story. It was a difficult read but at the same time, touched my heart and I truly hope that many other' will read Jenette's amazing story. 

For sensitive readers, please look up trigger warnings, this book is one huge trigger. Very sensitive subjects are covered within this book. But if you can handle it, I highly recommend this book. 

If I absolutely must...MUST rate this book out of 5 stars...I will give it 10. 



Comments