Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney Review

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney

All you need to know about this book is : 

1. Amber Reynolds is in a coma

2. She says her husband doesn't love her anymore

3. Sometimes she lies

Alternating between Amber's present in the hospital, a week before the accident happened and diary entries from when she was a child.

By the time I reached the last page of this book I had to return to some of the chapters and re-read them. I wasn't sure if my brain stored the information correctly. I was questioning everything,  We are already dealing with an unreliable character...she informs us about that from the start...she lies. So you aren't sure which parts of what she is telling you, is actually the truth. This was dark at times, I felt very uncomfortable a few times through out the story. But now that I had a while to think about this book, I can say that I love it. Yes, I needed some time to collect my thoughts before I could sit down and write a review. 

This was my second book by Alice Feeney(I still need to write a review for Rock, Paper, Scissors), one thing I have noticed about the writing of the author, is she will take her time with building the story/plot and suspense. Then at about the 80% mark she throws you with so many twists and turns that your head is spinning, you are left in a daze and completely confused. Her books find a way to the outer corners of your mind and stay there to ponder over for a very, very long time...isn't that what a psychological thriller should make you feel? I am slowly but surely starting to think that the author might become a favorite of mine.

This book messed with my mind while reading and the story is still messing with it, so it deserves 5 out of 5 stars!

I read this in ebook format and listened to it on audio, a physical copy is purchased for my bookshelf. 



Comments