Better Than The Movies by Lynn Painter Review


Not sure what happened in my life...me reading romance?...and Better Than The Movies by Lynn Painter being the third one this year...?

Liz Buxbaum and Wes Bennett? No never, Wes is a pain in the butt, he has been torturing Liz her whole life, since childhood. She doesn't see him as anything more than her annoying next-door neighbor. Now in her senior year, Liz's forever crush Michael moved back to town and is now friends with Wes. Liz realizes she is going to need Wes' help if she wants to stand a chance of Michael taking her to the prom. As Liz and Wes scheme their whole plan and spend more time together, Liz realizes that Wes isn't what she always thought...

I do not read many romance novels, but I was looking for another lighthearted, fun read as I wasn't in the mood for a heavy, serious read. I started listening to this book on audio and I wasn't even half way through when I ordered my physical copy. I knew that no matter what, I wanted this on my bookshelf!


This book, oh my, THIS BOOK! I fell in love with this book. I didn't want it to end, this was such a cute little YA romance. It covers the "enemies to lovers" trope with some of the "fake dating" trope thrown in there as well. With references to movies, as our main character is a true rom-com fan. And no smut, which made it my perfect read!

This book was everything my heart needed to melt completely...I finished this in one day. These characters were very likable, no actually, I love them! They had me smiling like an idiot the whole time, I even had a few laugh out loud moments. Books don't get better than this.  

Lynn Painter did a fantastic job, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fast paced, easy, fun read, keeping in mind that it is YA. This is just one of those books that is going to make me smile every time I think about it. A re-read will be happening very soon!

I rated this book ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!

Comments