The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah Review



This is the story about two sisters during WW2 in Nazi occupied France. Telling us the story of the women's war, what courage is and what it took to be a woman during those times...

What did Kristin Hannah do to me? I was warned by many about this book, and yet I wasn't prepared. This book took a big chunk of my heart and I don't think I will ever get it back. I am not a crier, not with books or movies, but this book had tears streaming down my face and there was nothing I could do to stop them...

Kristin Hannah's writing is so beautiful, her words captivated me and with each chapter I read, I was drawn deeper into this story. It is books like this, that makes me remember why I love reading and why I can get lost in the pages of a book for hours and hours. Though it is a heart wrenching fiction story, it felt so real and made me think of what it must have been like during those times. This book made me feel things that I can't even explain, I have no words...and my words will not do this book justice. I feel that this is a book everyone should read. 

The characters, Isabelle and Vianne will be living in my heart and mind forever. The character development in this book is extraordinary, this quote : "In love we find out who we want to be, in war we find out who we are", is exactly what happens to these 2 sisters. And this quote "Love has to be stronger than hate, or there is no future for us"...it should be illegal to write such beautiful words...Kristin Hannah knows how to rip your heart from your chest. 

I have read many good books this year, but The Nightingale is by far my favorite of 2022. I don't think there will be another book to take its place. This is the kind of book that makes me wish I can read it for the first time again.  

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars! 

Comments