Tokyo Ever After by Emiko Jean Review


Tokyo Ever After by Emiko Jean was book number 4 from my Reese's book club pick challenge. Our main protagonist Izumi lives in a small town in Northern California with her mom. It has always been them against the world, Izumi has never known her father. Then one day, with the help of her friend, she discovers that her biological father is the crown prince of Japan...wait...what?...does that make Izumi a princess? She travels to Japan to meet her father, but being a princess isn't all glamorous, many want Izumi to go back where she came from...

I picked up this book after reading A Little Life, I needed something lighthearted and easy to read. And this was exactly that, a quick, fun and light read. 

People are not wrong when they compare this to the movie 'Princess Diaries', but it also made me think a lot of 'What A Girl Wants'. And I loved both of these movies,  of course it was predictable from the beginning to the end, but I didn't care, it was exactly what I was looking for from the book at the time of reading it. The characters are likeable, it is a classic YA, with all the necessary drama and it left a smile on my face. 

I love the cover and the audiobook was a job well done, the story kept me entertained and I flew through this in two sittings. 

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!

 

Comments