Wrong Place, Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister Review



Wrong Place, Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister is about a mother, Jen, who is waiting up for her seventeen year old son one evening, she witnesses him coming home, walking towards a man on the street and killing him. Her whole life is shattered, she can't understand what her son must have been caught up in to commit such a crime. She goes to bed that night feeling she must have done something wrong as a mother...then she wakes up and it is the day before the crime is committed. Every night she goes to sleep and wakes up, it is yet another day earlier, can she find the answer in the past to stop that awful thing her son did...?

Another book ticked off the long list of my Reese's book club pick challenge. The synopsis of this book intrigued me, I have never before read a book with time travel, so when a mystery thriller with a main character stuck in a time loop came to my attention, it was a must read. I love mystery thrillers, and a new twist to the genre might just be an interesting read. 

Once I started reading, I was immediately caught up in the storytelling and plot of this book, but then a few chapters in, the book lost me for a little while...and that was my experience with this book. Some parts completely captivated me and other parts, I don't even know what I read, I had to go back a few times to regain my focus. Up until the last 100 pages this was a 3 star read for me, it was just enough to keep me reading. Then the last 100 pages happened... and I was completely engrossed.

I couldn't write a review immediately after reading this novel, I needed some time to process the information. I wasn't completely sure how I felt about the book. Now, I can say, the mystery was written well, it was difficult to piece the puzzle together. I found it very interesting to have everything done backwards, to solve a mystery in reverse. It was a different mind game than the usual and the twists had me turning the pages. Not my favorite read, but I did enjoy it. 

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐💫 out of 5 stars! 


Comments