His & Hers by Alice Feeney Review

 

Every story has two sides, yours and mine, ours and theirs, but in this case it is His & Hers by Alice Feeney.

When a murder is committed in the town of Blackdown, a newsreader Anna Andrews is sent to cover the story. Anna has her own reasons for being reluctant to go to the small town. Detective Jack Harper has his suspicions regarding the murder and killer, until he becomes a suspect in his own investigation...

I thought I figured this one out...I was so sure of myself. I had no doubt in my mind that this was an easy prediction. Well, I was WRONG, I did not see the final twist coming. She got me once again... This was my third book by the author and she is now added to my auto buy list, I will read anything and everything by this author.

Alice Feeney is brilliant at writing psychological thrillers, she truly knows how to take her readers on a wild ride and have your brain working until the very last page. And this book was no different, it was full of dark twists and turns. Very short chapters, alternating between his and her perspectives, and some chapters from the killer' POV, each ending with a cliffhanger. I couldn't stop reading, I flew through the pages. 

You do not know who can be trusted, these characters are horrible people, but that is what made this book such a good read. Unreliable narrators, he said, she said, both very convincing...I love when an author can keep my interest without me being able to connect with the characters. And that is truly what Alice Feeney has been able to do with each book I have read thus far. 

I paired the book with the audiobook and that made the experience of this novel even better. The voice of the killer was very creepy and well done.


I loved this book and will highly recommend anything by Alice Feeney.

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!





Comments