Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney Review

 


Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney

Together again for the first time in a very long time, the Darker family is spending Nana's 80th birthday at her house on a tiny island. Once the tide comes in, they will be cut off from the outside world for eight hours. Nana is found dead, and every hour on the hour the next family member follows. Which one of them is guilty?

I was so excited to read Alice Feeney's latest novel. I am a huge Feeney fan, and I loved each of her books I have read thus far. Until now...

It hurts me to write these next words, but I was so disappointed after finishing Daisy Darker. For me personally it lacked everything I loved from all the other Alice Feeney books I read. This was the first of her novels where I could predict the twists and the ending was so disappointing. I wanted to love this, I really did. And I kept reading, hoping it will get better, but it just didn't.

I know there are many people who loved this and I know this is a very unpopular opinion, the characters were terrible. Usually I do not mind horrible characters, but in this book it just didn't work, everything fell flat. I found some of the writing very repetitive, it just didn't read like any of the other Feeney books I loved. 

I do not want to bad mouth this book, because I still love the author and her books. I will still be reading everything she writes. I hope the next one will be another 5 star for me.

Unfortunately, this was a ⭐ out of 5 stars!

Comments