Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman Review


If it wasn't for the fact that I decided to work my way through the Reese's book club picks, I probably would have never picked up Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. And then I would have missed out on a beautiful novel.

We follow our main protagonist, Eleanor Oliphant, through her day to day life. She has no tact, and says a thing as it should be said, her social skills are next to none, and she has a very strict weekly routine. Then one day she meets Raymond, the new IT guy at her office and when the two of them save an elderly gentlemen who has fallen, everything starts to change in her life. As the story unfolds, we learn of Eleanor's secrets and memories...

Oh this book...this book stole my heart and ran away with it. This book had me bouncing from one emotion to the next. At times I was literally laughing out loud, other times I was smiling like an idiot, then at times I was gasping(hand over mouth), and then it had me clutching my heart...this was one awesome rollercoaster ride. 

Gail Honeyman did a really good job with bringing these characters to life, especially Eleanor Oliphant, who will forever live rent free in my mind and occupy a piece of my heart. Throughout the book, I really cared about her story, she was written in a way that made me want to put her in a safe little bubble and protect her. 

This was a funny, heartwarming, hopeful story, but at the same time heartbreaking and most of all a truly unforgettable read. 

Favorite read of 2023...so far!.

My rating is ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!



Comments