The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides


 The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

First read of 2023!

I finally read this book and now I can fully understand all the hype this novel receives. Yes, it is a slow burn psychological thriller, but it is worth every second of your time. 

I have read a few reviews before starting this book and many said that nothing happens throughout the story. I personally disagree, my mind was working the whole time while I was reading, it was even working when I wasn't reading, trying to piece together the story. You receive bits and pieces of information and then when you think you have a lead and know where it is going the author goes in a different direction. And then you reach the end...major twist, your mind is blown and your jaw is on the floor. I didn't even see that twist coming. 

Now after finishing The Silent Patient, it is still occupying my brain. Why? Because, now I am trying to figure out what I missed, why I didn't see that twist coming. That is what I call a great psychological thriller! 

I can't believe that this is a debut novel. This was written really well and very clever. Alex Michaelides definitely has talent and I truly enjoyed his writing style. I love when an author can keep my mind occupied from the beginning to the end, not able to predict the outcome and leave me speechless. 

If you were able to predict the end of this novel, please, please let me know what I missed. it is driving me crazy...!

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!


Comments