A Flicker In The Dark by Stacy Willingham Review

 

A Flicker In The Dark by Stacy Willingham

This book has been on my radar for a while now, I have only heard great things about this author. Not sure why I only read it now... Is this book everything everyone says it is?

Chloe Davis was only twelve when her father was arrested as the Breaux Bridge serial killer. So many girls missing and their bodies have never been found. Her family torn apart, her father's crimes still haunting her dreams...Now she has a new life in Baton Rouge as a psychologist, living with her loving fiance. Then one day, very near to the twentieth anniversary of the horrible crimes her father committed, a girl Chloe knows, goes missing...and the nightmare starts again.

I can't really say anything more than what has already been said about this book. And compared to Stacy Willingham's writing, I would not even be able to do it justice. 

Debut novel? I would never have guessed. This is a solid psychological thriller. I completely absorbed the author's writing. I couldn't put this book down and truly, I didn't want to. If for any reason I had to, I rushed what I needed to get done and grabbed my book again. I sat and read into the early morning hours because I had to finish this novel. I now get all the hype about this book, and I completely agree. 

Yes, it was predictable, but this was written really clever, because it had me second guess my prediction. With the possibility of an unreliable narrator, it made me think of other possibilities and then I ended up with three predictions. This book truly made me sit on the edge of my seat and had my mind working. And though the ending turned out to be my original thought, I was not disappointed, this book was truly thrilling and an amazing read.

I would highly recommend this book!

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!

Now I have to get my hands on her second novel, because I need to know if I found another favorite author...

Comments