Mr Wrong Number by Lynn Painter Review

 


I always find it so difficult to write reviews about romance books, because it is not my usual genre and I rarely ever read rom-coms. But I do find myself curious about some books every now and again. 

Picking up Mr Wrong Number by Lynn Painter happened for a very different reason. At the beginning of March I finished A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman and I was left with a book hangover. I probably started about ten books after reading Ove and nothing could make me move on from that book. I am currently still reading The Whisper Man by Alex North and Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Though I am enjoying both these reads, they just couldn't keep me glued to the pages. 

I absolutely loved Better Than The Movies by Lynn Painter and I also read and liked, The Do-Over, so I decided to try another of her books, because they seem to always leave me with a smile on my face and the spice level is non-existent. And so, I picked up Mr Wrong Number and this book had me smiling and laughing as I thought it would. Though some spice, it wasn't all in your face and was bare-able. And this book helped me to get over my Ove hangover, I am now able to read other books again. Yay Lynn!

I love Lynn Painter's writing, I always feel that her characters have true chemistry and they are always so likeable. The stories always makes me smile and the banter between these characters give me laugh out loud moments, and I love that. Yes, these books are predictable, but for the cute factor I do love her novels. This author is now added to my auto buy list and. I am most definitely going to add a physical copy of Mr Wrong Number to my bookshelf in the near future. 

It just comes to show, that even though this isn't my go to genre, a different type of book might help when you are stuck with a book hangover/reading slump. 

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!

Comments