Little Red House by Liv Andersson Review

Little Red House by Liv Andersson

Eve Foster's daughter runs away to New Mexico where she vanishes into thin air. Was she a victim of a serial killer who hunted women in the region? Nobody knows for sure, Kelsey's body was never found...Years later Eve dies, leaving everything to her adopted daughters. Lisa, the "good daughter" receives the majority of the wealth and Connie inherits only a small property in New Mexico. Connie is sure this is one of her mother's vindictive games, she has been subject to her mother's cruelty and games for such a long time. Once Connie arrives in New Mexico, she finds the small little red house in the desert and learns that there has been many women murdered in the area through out the years, murders that no one will talk about...

I never even knew about this book or author, if it wasn't for the book club I joined, I would have never picked up this novel. And it would have been a shame...

Where has this author been all my life?... my mind was blown, my socks knocked off and my jaw unhinged from its sockets... this was dark, twisted, gripping and bizarre. 

I listened to this one on audio and it captivated me from the very start. I couldn't stop listening. This was written really clever and yes, some of the twists are predictable, but so much happens that you are still left with a very satisfying thrill ride. The twisted mind games leaves you wanting more...  

I found some of the characters truly unlikable and intense, some were likable, but then this book messes with your mind and you are not sure who can be trusted. This novel has dual time lines, 1997 - from Eve's pov and then the present from Connie's pov. I found both timelines equally intriguing and it kept me on the edge of my seat. 

I have to wait until September for the release of the paperback, but I am most definitely adding this one to my bookshelf. 

Now I need more from this author...

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!

Comments