Then She Was Gone By Lisa Jewell Review

 

Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell

Ten years ago, Laurel's daughter Ellie disappeared. She never gave up hope to find her daughter, even after all these years. Then one day, Laurel meets a man who sweeps her off her feet...and then she meets his daughter, she is the spitting image of Ellie...what happened to Ellie? Laurel needs to know the answers to the questions that has been haunting her for years...

This was my first Lisa Jewell novel and I was truly excited to pick this one up. It has great reviews and is recommended by everyone...now please don't hunt me down, but I don't understand.

I enjoyed this novel, but it didn't blow my mind. It was very predictable, no jaw dropping twists or turns, it was just a normal, average thriller. Actually I didn't even think of it as a thriller, more of a drama with a little mystery...

I did enjoy the author's writing, it was an easy, quick read. I liked the characters she created, but the overall plot of the novel, fell flat. I wanted to love this as much as everyone else does, I really did. I was even waiting to write my review, thinking I might change my mind after a while, but I truly felt a bit disappointed after I turned the last page. 

I am going to read more from this author. I have learned that though I might not enjoy the very hyped books of an author, I do love some of their other books. So I will definitely be reading her other novels. 

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars!


Comments