Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros


Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros

Now, I do not think I need to tell anyone what this book is about. This book exploded and became the only thing I saw on my instagram newsfeed. So, of course my interest was piqued and after reading the synopsis, I was sold.

This made me think of one of my favorite movies, How To Train Your Dragon, and I wanted to read it sooooooo bad. And I did...

It started out as a solid 5 star read, then it turned into a 4 star and then a 4.5 star, what was my final rating?...You would have to read on to find out...

Now before we get to the rating, I have to say that this is not my usual genre, I rarely read fantasy. But once I got started on this book, I could not put it down, I loved the first half. I truly liked the characters, especially the MC. Then of course the dragons were amazing. And the banter between characters and dragons had me giggle a few times. As a first time fantasy reader, this felt like an easy read, the world building didn't go right over my head. I could clearly visualize and understand this world the author created.

Then came the second half...and here is where things went a little south for me, I disconnected with the characters and the story line. It was the open door scenes, it is just not my cup of tea. I do not like smutty books and yes, I completely understand that it is a fantasy/romance, but I felt like it was all most of the second half was about, and by the end of the book when things picked up again, I was already so completely detached from the whole story, that I wasn't even invested enough to care anymore. I felt that it took away from the awesome world and the dragons, which was what I actually wanted to read about. And then the jaw-dropping ending, where you are left with a huge cliffhanger...but I am not sure if I want to read the second book. 

I do completely understand the hype this book is receiving, and yes I will still recommend this to readers. My reasons for not loving it is just my opinion, but it is still a good novel. 

I rated this ⭐⭐⭐💫 stars!


Comments