It Starts With Us by Colleen Hoover Review

It Starts With Us by Colleen Hoover, the story after It Ends With Us. It picks up exactly where the first book ended. Alternating between Atlas and Lily's POV's, Ryle is still in the picture and is still trying to control Lily. I can't go into too much detail about this book, as it is a sequel, but I am going to try my best to be clear without spoilers. 

Honestly, this is a difficult one to review, I enjoyed the first book, the way Colleen Hoover wrote about a very sensitive subject and I was truly satisfied with how the novel ended. Of course like many others, Atlas and Lily were my favorite characters, my full thoughts about the book can be found here. So when I saw a sequel, I wasn't completely sure how I felt about a second book...in my opinion their story was complete. 

I listened to this book on audio and I truly feel this was just an okay read, I could have gone without reading it or actually listening to it. Everything about this story felt rushed, especially the ending. I couldn't connect with the characters, they felt completely different to the Atlas and Lily, I got to know in It Ends With Us. Lily had a strong personality in the first book, her character development was done really well, but the Lily I got to know in this book...Atlas was too perfect and that is how I felt about many things in this book, it all felt too "fluffy cloud".  

I did however, enjoy the new introductions to the story, their characters was a nice distraction from the "Atlas and Lily show". I know this is a very unpopular opinion, and I wish I could say that I loved this book, but I didn't.

I rated this ⭐⭐💫 out of 5 stars! Rounded to 3 stars on Goodreads.  


Comments